In any websites there are many titles and the site owners definitely want those titles to be click worthy. In simple words site owners want their titles to increase the likes of their contents by making it go viral. A click worthy title is the one that catches more attention compared to other titles. A click worthy title helps tremendously in spreading your content and going viral.
While talking about the title, there is a common misconception of referring exclusively to title tag. But, in this article title means title of page, post or article. If you imagine Internet as a highway then you webpage is similar to store,. Thus, the title is something that will arrest the attention of the passerby and lead them to the door of your store
The secret to make your titles click worthy is to ensure that your title have the right ingredient. A list of must have ingredients are curiosity, advantage, emotion, appearance and expectation. Let’s learn more details of these ingredients.
- One of the first and foremost ingredient is curiosity. The title must invoke the curiosity that will tempt them to open the link, but at the same time the title must be clear enough to help people know what they can expect from the link. You can make your title filled with unexpected things or raise curiosity with an incomplete thought or question.
- The second most important thing is highlighting the benefits. Remember, people will visit a page that will benefit them. Useful content that implies benefit makes a title absolutely click worthy. Let’s take a few examples. Titles starting with phrases like “How to..”, “7 ways..”, “Find out How..”, “Introducing…” etc hint the readers that they will benefited if they click these titles.
- Moreover, if a title is offering reader a clear benefit, it definitely makes your content stand apart from the crowds. Highlighting the benefit also implies that your content have unique value.
- Other than benefits, people also act on emotions like hope, excitement and fear. If you title has the right balance of emotions then definitely it becomes click worthy. A list of few emotional words are fantastic, FREE, myths, surprisingly etc. Also make sure that you are using exclamation points, all caps, arrows, asterisk when required. However, these “special” things must be used very carefully otherwise it might annoy the reader.
- If you make your title look aesthetically pleasing, it definitely becomes click worthy. For example if the title fits into one line it will not only pleasing, but from graphical aspect it is perfect. Try to use a maximum of 7 words in your title.
- Always live up to the expectations and try to deliver what you have promised in your title. It is definitely your responsibility to ensure that the content of your post is not misinterpreted. Try to think from the readers point to view and understand their expectations. After you have created your title, step into readers shoe and imagine what you would expect after clicking the title.
Please note that it is not compulsory to have all the above ingredients discussed. There still can be content that invokes the curiosity of the readers.